Friday, April 27, 2012

Fourteenth Week Reflection

Loafing is the most productive part of a writer's life. ~James Norman Hall 

So we are close to the end of the semester. We finished our textbook and all of our Chapter Papers. I have learned a good deal so far from this class. Now the only few assignments left are to complete our Final Reflection, finish our Literature Review, and upload our artifacts to LiveText. I am not concerned with the Final Reflection or the LiveText Portfolio. I am assuming that our Final Reflection will be kind of like our Midterm Reflection. I am more worried about the Literature Review. At least it seems like I am not the only one in this boat. I could not find a lot of information on the original topic that I chose which was the Test of Spoken English (TSE) Test. So I ended up changing my topic to Cloze Tests. I have found enough articles regarding Cloze Tests in general, but a lot of them do not really relate to how they are used with ELLs. Besides the use of the articles that I do have, I guess I will have to use some internet sources to tie this information all together. There are a couple references at the library that I am going to try and check out this week but some of them seem kind of out of date.

I chose the above quote because it seems that I always end up procrastinating when it comes to writing papers. I guess it is just not my favorite thing to do. I have written Literature Reviews before and I usually do well on most of my papers. It is just get started that is the hard part. It is also hard when you cannot find a lot of information on your topic that is relevant to the subject matter you are talking about. Looking at the rubric it just says that it has to be five pages and follow APA format. I am just wondering how many references we need and how current they need to be.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Daniele, I am a procrastinator myself at times. It was a bit difficult finding resources that were at least 5 years old, especially on EBSCO. I think your paper came out wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete