Friday, April 27, 2012

April 23-April 27 Reflection

"Be thankful for each new challenge, because it will build your strength and character." Author Unknown


This week we closed off our final chapter of our book.  I am actually amazed because this is the first book I have ever finished reading throughout my college years. Through the months, we have discussed and read about assessments, creating and evaluating assessments, the importance of assessments, good assessment practice, and grading and evaluations. After submitting our final reaction paper, now that is left is the Livetext portfolio, final reflection, and literature review.  I would have to say the literature review will be one of my greatest challenges.  For one, I forgot how to write a literature review.  Secondly, I don't remember if I ever wrote a literature review. Third, I am still torn between what topic I would like to write about and right now I am looking at ACTFL Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI).  Another topic I am very interested in is the Transitional Bilingual Education (TBE).  Please help me. What do you think?  I chose the quote above because I know the literature review is going to be one of my most challenging assignments, but I will work hard take on the challenge because I know it will help me in the long run and strengthen my research and writing skills.  I can do this!

1 comment:

  1. Though I have finished textbooks for other classes, this one was a pretty easy read and at least relevant to my job. I also feel like I have retained a lot of the information unlike some of the other textbooks that I have read. I agree about the Literature Review. It has been somewhat difficult to find useful resources that are no more than 5 years old. I am trying to stick more to journal articles and I am using the book as 1 of my sources.

    ReplyDelete